maanantai 15. marraskuuta 2010

montreal yellow pages.

One of the best things I know is getting mail. A postcard, package, a letter, whatever, is so exciting . Thanks Noora, I loved your card <3

Winter and snow, winter and flu. I hate being sick. Especially now when there are so many things happening around and the last few weeks in your hands. These days pass by too fast, and you want to make most out of them. However, maybe taking it easy for couple days isn't so bad after all. I'll get my course work done, I can focus on french, learn something about photography amongst other things I haven't had time to do.

We interviewed a cafe called Santropol for one of our classes. This place is a old bohemian cafe in the heart of the Plateau, and meeting the owner was pretty interesting. We ended up spending about 4 hours listening to them storytell about the life in the plateau and history of the cafe from the seventies. I loved how their 'supply chain' was based on 'hippies helping out other hippies' as well as how the menu was originally founded from a depression era cookbook. Anyways, the owner had also made a series of Montreal guidebooks called the Montreal Yellow Pages. 

Saturday a bunch of us went to see Johnny Flynn at the Cabaret du Mile End. I would have to say it was one of the best gigs I've seen. Amazing voice (+looks) and the feel and vibe of the place made it very memorable.

Now some case study and soon school .
Mail from Göteborg, thankss

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti